Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Honesty

I'm trying to be honest with myself. I'm allowing myself to feel what I feel when I feel it. Everyday I go through what seems like a million different emotions- extreme happiness, gratitude, silliness, insecurity, calm, stress, restlessness . . . Sometimes I feel so empty and separate I don't think it's possible to feel anything. Some times I feel so connected to everything around me, I don't understand separation.
 

This is a transition period for me. I have been living in limbo for far too long and I've finally made some hard decisions. But I think they are all for the best. I want to photograph my emotions and states- I want to be able to share them, connect them, and ultimately acknowledge them so I can evaluate, reflect, and move forward.


The other day I was feeling overwhelmed, lonely, and heartbroken. I was so overwrought, but I pulled out my camera and documented the process. The other photos were raw, but this one I was drawn to because it was at the end of my grieving and I continued to feel this way for the next few days- fragile, melancholy, and like the ghosts of tears were hanging precariously onto the edge of my eyelids.

No comments:

Post a Comment