Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mirrors, Dance, and Alternate Universes

As part of my project, I want to play with mirrors and see what I can come up with. The idea behind these is looking into the mirror, trying to find what you seek. Maybe sometimes you want to go into the mirror, maybe another world where your (evil?) twin resides is waiting for you to explore it.


I was also trying to tap into some of the dance moves I've been exploring in my Modern Dance class. Having structured chaos in a way, with an engaged core, but loose head and limbs.

 
I liked the color palate of these images. However, some people did not like the background/ wood floor and suggested something more surreal. I also thought the idea to hand something on my ceiling was a really good one and want to explore that in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment