Sunday, February 24, 2013

Puddle Portraits

A few nights ago I was laying in bed thinking, "What am I doing?". This question was focused on photography and what I was doing for my project- how were these images linked? Why did I want to make them? Suddenly, something occurred to me. I am searching for a new perspective(s). A new way of looking. A new way of seeing. Another way of being.


Things have been kind of rough lately. I have been having a hard time feeling grounded, safe, solid. This is not necessarily bad. I am learning a lot. But I also would just like to KNOW something once in awhile. Come on universe, please??


Part of this conflict has risen from not wanting to follow what "society" dictates I should do after college. Get a job. I just want to be free of commitments for awhile, do my own thing. Go where I want to. But I'm afraid. Not that I can't do what I want. Just that once I graduate, I CAN do it. I'm afraid of letting myself down, compromising. But I'm unsure of what the limits of compromise are-- how far can you go until you are being untrue to yourself?


So, in terms of perspectives, I guess I am searching for my own. I am looking for people with similar wants and needs. I want to see this world for what it is, not be naive, but also be able to see and convey the extreme beauty I see everyday. I guess I am also looking to understand pain and hatred and sorrow. And everything in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment