Thursday, November 15, 2012

Body Play 2

After awhile, I got really into photographing my back. I liked focusing on my backbone and playing with different positions to show curves and crevices. I wanted these to be about form and body shape. I really enjoy looking at nude or partially nude photos that aren't about being naked as much as they show how incredible and beautiful the human body is.





This was a very different type of photo shoot for me. These photos don't really have a "story" or overwhelming emotional aspect, as many of my other shoots have tried to convey. This was about form, color, structure and was pretty impersonal (but still personal in a different way, if that makes sense). I feel I could have taken photos like this with another model and gotten similar results and it's something I might start considering for the future. I feel like I've spent a lot of time focusing on emotional content and am feeling a pull toward learning some more technical aspects and experimenting with different photographing techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment