Friday, November 9, 2012

Impressions 2

However, now I am starting to feel a pull back to reality. I have learned a lot in the past few months, but now I feel like a new transition is beginning. I'm not exactly sure where this one is taking me and I haven't fully accepted it, but I think it's happening.


Being in this "floater" state also scares me sometimes. It's not that I'm worried about the future. It's just that this way of being is so foreign to me. I love it almost all the time-- but every once in awhile I wonder if it's feasible to keep up.


I've always been someone who believes in balance. Even though I may be categorized as an "extremist" in some ways, I don't think I do well hovering at the end of each spectrum. I like being able to see all sides and work with them.


So maybe these photos are meant to show an extreme side. One that I find beautiful, intriguing, otherworldly,  loving, light, unburdened, serendipitous.


But it is also elusive to me in some ways. Which is why it is an impression. A necessary experience, but there is more. I was thinking of a dream I had this summer. It was long, but towards the end I found a church/ temple in the middle of a desert. Inside it was warm, beautiful, sparkling, peaceful and still. I was invited to stay as long as I wanted, forever if I wanted to. I was alone in this church, but I knew I could. I stayed there (for how long I don't know because "time" didn't exist), but in the end, I left. My dream ended with me looking down from a dune to the church, then turning my head and seeing an endless expanse of desert. And that is where I feel I am. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if we see or feel of a desert as the same, but I spent 30 years going to the desert to find a solace I found no where else. I found upon exploration, I knew where the waters hid, and I began to understand the beauty of the place. It can be a place of comfort.

    ReplyDelete