Friday, November 9, 2012

Impressions

This week was an experiment. I have been looking at some surrealist photography that has inspired me to do something "unreal" . . . or maybe it is real if I thought of it and created it. Anyway, I started with the idea of doing over exposed images and ended up playing with a long exposure (10-15 seconds) to create impressions of myself. I really like the effect and it kind of played into my original intent. 



Lately I have been feeling ungrounded. Which is odd for me, as someone who is very much tied to the earth. I used to feel a lot of direction and purpose. But now I feel like a floater, going with whatever whim hits me.


This isn't a "bad" thing. I feel free, unburdened. I don't stress about things I used to spend a lot of energy on. I am much more open to the unknown and spend more of my time doing what I feel like doing as opposed to    what I think I "have" to do.


It's odd though. And I'm not sure it's entirely me. I feel like the universe has been giving me time- free from pressing needs and allowing me to address things at my own pace, as opposed to throwing them onto me all at once. Continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment