Friday, November 2, 2012

Playing, not playing

This isn't to say I don't play my own games. I get angry, upset, frustrated, stressed, and sick doing things I "have" to do. I feel run down, bound to obligation, and offended by dissenters when my games aren't going the way I want them to.


But one thing I'm learning is that I choose the games I play. And when I step back and look at the broader picture, I see that I can choose happiness, fun, love or I can make myself miserable. This doesn't mean I don't care about anything or that I'm not partaking in what I believe is "right". I just try take joy in what I do now as opposed to loathing it.


It's about perspective I suppose. These photos allow me to laugh at myself, to think about something I used to take seriously and now have a different approach to, and put it in the context of my current choices. It's fun to play games and sometimes it's fun to be so caught up in them we forget there are other games being played. So I guess I just want to be able to create my experience and not limit myself by limiting myself. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment